Happy new year all! We wish you a sweet, delicious start to 2018… here’s a recipe especially for the chocolate lovers.
300g chocolate (50% cocoa)
300g pear or apple compote
3 tbsps agave syrup (or sweeten to taste)
2 tbsps coconut oil
150g extra compote
Slivered almonds, to decorate
1. Whizz the biscuits into crumbs. Add the molten coconut oil, then add a few tablespoons of water (if necessary) and mix until you have a consistency that sticks together when pressed in your hands.
2. Line a mould with baking paper. Scoop the mixture into the mould and press down firmly, pulling it up the sides of the mould. Put in the freezer while you make the chocolate filling.
3. Bring the 300g fruit compote to the boil and then pour half onto the solid, broken chocolate. Mix without adding any air. Pour in the other half of the compote and continue mixing until the chocolate has completely melted.
4. Add the coconut oil and the agave syrup. If the consistency is lumpy, mix with a blender until you have a smooth chocolate cream.
5. Take out the chilled biscuit crust and spread the bottom with the additional 150g compote. Then, add the chocolate cream.
6. Refrigerate overnight, or in the freezer for several hours if you’re in a hurry.
7. Before serving, decorate the tarte with some slivered almonds. Enjoy <3